hi,

It would seem that the audit_osx script doesn't have allowances for either Imacs or Macpro's. 

We would be using Casper/lauchd to run the script locally on the macs but wondered if we can modify the script so that it can handle the ''imacs/macpros' types or is it called several places within the script and maybe even on return to the master?

Are there plans to include these types in the discovery scripts or is it safe to add these machine types ourselves?

Thanks

David

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

David,

If you can tell me the various values for your Models (run the below command on a MacPro and iMac and any other different models you have) I can add them to the script straight away and post the patch here for you to add without delay.

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | grep 'Model Identifier:' | cut -d':' -f2 | sed 's/^ *//g'
      1. David Nelson

Hi, we have run the script on the estate and of the 2000+ items there are 55 unique types. I figured you don't want this entire list so the summary is : iMac9,1 to iMac18,3 ; MacBook9,1 to MacBook10,1 ; MacBookAir6,1 to MacBookAir7,2 ; MacBookPro5,2 to MacBookPro14,3 ; Macmini4,1 to Macmini7,1 ; MacPro3,1 to MacPro6,1 Thanks David

2. Mark Unwin

Hi David, I've found something useful which we should be able to use - https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/mac-specs-by-machine-model-machine-id.html This should be included in a near future release.

David,

It sounds like you want to differentiate the physical form factor macOS is installed on. Is this correct?

1. David Nelson

Hi Mark,

Yes - I believe so. I am told that the majority of our Mac estate are iMacs followed closely by Macpros (I'm more of a windows guy). If we could separate/define these within the report that would be great. We looked at the script earlier today and potentially all it would need is to add another 2 discovery elements into the audit_osx script.

"Yup, there’s no hardware details so need to address the conditional statement to account for all Apple hardware."

Oh - another thing. It would be perfect if I could add the user details into a report. I've seen a few comments within the chat groups that this is possible but wonder if you could tell me exactly what tell me what to add into the SQL queries to make this happen  

Thanks

David