When I click on a group from the Network Status and Health window, the device name is overlapping the Host IP (please see attached). this appears to be the case across all Web Browsers. The device name correctly word wraps based on the column width of the window when viewing in System>System Configuration>NMIS Nodes.

Has anyone experienced this before or able to offer a fix?

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Hi Emma,

This one had me stumped for a while, then I found a configuration option in the NMIS configuration file, Config.nmis, wrap_node_names, I changed this to true and the long names I had for some devices looked much better.

HTH

Jean

As Jean already pointed out the wrap_node_names config option is the thing to change, but it's certainly no panacea for really wide names. You can find the option in the NMIS GUI under System, System Configuration,  NMIS Configuration, and in the "system" section.

(Newer versions of NMIS ship with this option enabled by default; for upgrades the installer doesn't overwrite old config items except for utterly deprecated features, that's why your NMIS misbehaved a bit.)

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your help - it worked a treat! 

ATVB

Emma