H there,

Just starting out with a review of Open-AudIT for our team's asset management needs, great product so far, really like the power and simplicity of it.

I'm running the latest download of the pre-built appliance.

Quick question though, is there anything I can do to tweak the menu hover/timeout settings?

For example, if you flick between menu items/menus the previous menu drop down will hand around for 1-2 seconds, it just makes for a "laggy" experience. I'm sure it's just a variable in one of the JS or CSS files but I'm not sure where, I'd just like to set it to 0 if possible so that as soon as your cursor leaves a menu item, the menu disappears.

Many thanks,

Callum

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Callum,

Is the menu lag you're seeing in the Community or Enterprise application? You can tell by the URL. /omk/oae is Enterprise and /open-audit/index.php is Community.

Mark.

1. Callum Shackleton

Hi Mark, Apologies, it's the Community version at the moment. We have a wider company review going on which would include the Enterprise offering but this will be ongoing for the next 3-6 months. In the meantime I'd really like to get up and running with the free version. Please let me know if you need any more info. Kind regards, Callum

2. Mark Unwin

Callum, Community is moving towards using Bootstrap for its frontend code. This replaces the 'hover' effect (and associated delay) with "click" events. This should resolve your issue. You can see the initial retheme in v1.12.8. Mark.

3. Callum Shackleton

Hi Mark, Thanks for that. I've just installed v 1.12.8.1 and can see the new menu layout you are referring to. I've noticed that it's only applied to some sections and not others i.e. "home". Do you know when the new menu will be applied to the whole interface? Kind regards, Callum

CommentAdd your comment...