I have several devices with high number of interfaces and would like to use the custom options

'custom' => {

'interface' => {

'ifAdminStatus' => 'false',

'ifNumber' => 'false',

'ifLastChange' => 'true',

'ifTableLastChange' => 'true',

'skipIpAddressTableOnSingle' => 'true',

}

Where do I place these options in the Model-Default-HC.nmis

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

these custom settings go into their own top-level section. the Default-HC model doesn't normally set any of these, so no section named custom exists and you'll have to add it with a text editor: either at the end of the file for simplicity, or after the end of the -common- section for consistency.

I've updated the documentation for Managing Nodes with High Interface Counts to explain this a bit bettter; you'll also find examples of this in a number of models, e.g. Model-Juniper-ERX.nmis, Model-Cisco10000.nmis.

Please note that the GUI model editor in NMIS doesn't support adding whole sections to models; you'll have to use an editor.

Globally would work for now. I have a few devise that have 3000 - 10,000  interfaces and are trying to get the routing table for each interface.

Thanks

Hello William,

Do you want to set global collect for some type of interfaces? I mean you have a lot of interfaces in those devices and you only are interested in collect some of them?

Regards