Hi,

Please advise.

Can I edit the Nodes.nmis to remove nodes.

I have NMIS system, some of the nodes were deleted but these nodes are still present in the Nodes,nmis file.

If I try to perform the delete via cli, NMIS states nodes do not exist.

Can I edit Nodes.nmis file  or mv an edited Nodes.nmis file to the current Nodes.nmis file?

Is there a speific process to follow?

Thank you.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hello,

There are at least three methods to delete nodes in NMIS.

1. Via the NMIS GUI.
        1. System->System Configuration->NMIS Nodes
      2. With /usr/local/nmis8/admin/node_admin.pl
      3. By removing the node from Nodes.nmis
        1. It is possible to edit Nodes.nmis or replace Nodes.nmis.  This method is the least preferred as any syntax errors in the Nodes.nmis file will render the system unusable.

Best regards,

Chris Gatlin

1. stephdb

Hi, Thank you for reply. I have tried both via GUI but nodes are not listed and when using node_admin.pl to delete, the site does not exist, node_admin.pl act=delete deletedata=1 confirm=YES node=sitex Node sitex does not exist. As a last resort I'm considering editing the Nodes.nmis to remove the nodes.

Yeah mate I edit it all the time, the system just reads the conf file no dramas.

If you care about historical data it's a different story

That conf file is one of the only things you need if you want to monitor your existing nodes on a brand new system. Great design IMO

Also, what syntax are you using for the command line?

This is how I delete:

nmis8/admin/node_admin.pl act=delete deletedata=1 confirm=YES node="NAME OF NODE"
      1. stephdb

Hi, Thank you for reply, I've used ./node_admin.pl act=delete node=ripnode confirm=YES deletedata=1 syntax and as per above, Node "sitex" does not exist is the message received. Can I edit the Nodes.nmis and will changes take affect without restarting NMIS?