I'm trying to upgrade nmis 8.6.1G to 8.6.3G via using helper upgrade_models.pl but unsuccessful.  I followed the instruction from the knowledge base. I was able run test via command ./admin/upgrade_models.pl /usr/local/nmis8/models-install /usr/local/nmis8/models.  I had no issue with this command.  I inserted in ./admin/upgrade_models.pl -u n /usr/local/nmis8/models-install /usr/local/nmis8/models.  I received the same result without -u.

Do I need to modify upgrade_models.pl file to make it work?  Please help

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Tung,

The files denoted with 'NOT UPGRADEABLE: locally created custom file' mean that these are not part of the 8.6.1G distribution.  Nothing to be concerned about.

If you want to upgrade to NMIS 8.6.3G then download the installer from here: https://opmantek.com/network-tools-download/?action=download&dl_id=487&dl_field=source&dl_tool=NMIS%208

Place the installer in the /tmp directory and execute it.  The installer with prompt you when necessary.

1. Tung Nguyen

It works. Thanks for all your helps

I have not upgraded to NMIS8.6.3G yet.  I ran that command with -u, but I never get the tools report  "Upgrading all upgradeable model files...Completed.". I ran this command without -u

/usr/local/nmis8/admin/upgrade_models.pl /usr/local/nmis8/models-install /usr/local/nmis8/models

Common-Windows-interface.nmis is uptodate.

Common-Windows-system.nmis is uptodate.

Common-Windows-wmi.nmis is uptodate.

Model-Windows2003.nmis is uptodate.

Model-Windows2008-ext.nmis is NOT UPGRADEABLE: locally created custom file.

Model-Windows2008-wmi.nmis is uptodate.

Model-Windows2008.nmis is uptodate.

Model-Windows2008R2.nmis is uptodate.

Model-Windows2012-ext.nmis is NOT UPGRADEABLE: locally created custom file.

Model-Windows2012.nmis is uptodate.

Model-ZyXEL-GS.nmis is uptodate.

Does it mean, it's already upgraded?  I'm so confuse.  I open web UI, it's still showing 8.6.1G

Tung,

Have you upgraded to NMIS 8.6.3G?

If so, you may run the following command to determine the status of each model.

/usr/local/nmis8/admin/upgrade_models.pl /usr/local/nmis8/models-install /usr/local/nmis8/models

This will provided results such as the following:

Model-Windows2003.nmis is uptodate.

Model-JuniperRouter.nmis is NOT UPGRADEABLE: has been modified since installation.

Model-Windows2008-ext.nmis is NOT UPGRADEABLE: locally created custom file.

Based on these results you can determine what has changed in the new release and take the appropriate action.

upgrade_models without the '-u' flag is simply informational.  Providing the admin model status.

Is there a specific problem you are experiencing?