I would like to add a custom editable field under the Location/Contact sections of Open Audit for PDU location.  Is this possible and if so how can I accomplish this?

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

Custom fields do not currently show in Enterprise - it's on our list (smile)

Hello Rodney

OpenAudit provides custom fields which might provide what you need in this case.  There is a how to here:

How to Create and use Additional Fields#CreateanewField

This describes how to add fields for device charateristics (not locations) I'm afraid.  Although you could add the PDU location field as device field then use the bulk edit function to select all the devices in a location and bulk edit the PDU locaiton field of those devices.

Not a perfect answer to your qestion but I hope it helps. 

Not sure if this has been resolved, but I would like to know the answer.  I added 2 fields and they are visible in device details under open-audit, but not the Enterprise dashboard.

Is there a way to have the info appear in both locations.

1. Mark Unwin

Custom fields do not currently show in Enterprise - it's on our list :-)

Thanks for the info Nick, it's exactly what I needed.  The info shows up in Open-Audit Community but not Enterprise.  Is there an additional step needed?