We are trying the trail version of OpenAudit for auditing software's installed on Linux systems. Found It does not audit Oracle, Weblogic or any other software which are not installed from packaged installable. No record under services or installed software. Has anyone used this for software auditing on Linux systems. ? 

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

Yes, you can identify Oracle on linux. For example, look in the "netstat" info, and find: 

1521tnslsnr

Also, under services:

dbora.servicedboramulti-user.targetoracle

Not sure about weblogic, but if it installs a service, and/or listens on a particular port, you should be able to identify it

+1 What Phil said and yes, Open-AudIT queries the package manager for installed software (only) at this stage.

If you would like something specifically queried, please let us know and provide sample code and we can review and possibly integrate it into the linux audit script. Some sample code would be most appreciated as we do not have any Oracle or WebLogic software here with which to test against.

The OpenAudit cannot find the installations Softwares on VMware Systems. Can anyone help me?

1. Mark Unwin

Please open a new question and provide an answer to the following - Do you want the software installed as part of VMware ESX itself retrieved or the software installed on the virtual machines that are running under ESX?

We are trying the OpenAudit, we would like to know if the OpenAudit can audit the installed Softwares on Virtual Machines (VMware) with Linux?

1. Gustavo da Silva Maciel

How? Can you help me? I did a scan on subnet, but don't show nothing installed, only a VM.

2. Mark Unwin

The wiki page is here - https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home. There are 10 articles on discovery.