1
0
-1

Hi, 

My Open audit 1.12.4 Server is installed on Windows 7 machine.

I am trying to audit window 8 machine. When I audit host machine following error displays in "log_system.log"

"M:Invalid XML audit result for <hostname>".

However, I am able to audit other windows 8 machine. This issue is with only some of windows machine.

From other posts it has been found that this was known bug but got fixed with the release of 1.10_2.

But here I am using latest build of open audit (1.12.4).

Please help me in resolving this issue.

 

Thanks in Advance,

Neha

    CommentAdd your comment...

    5 answers

    1.  
      1
      0
      -1

      Hi, i have the same problem.
      This bug was fix in 1.12.6?
      If yes, can i update version 1.12.4 to 1.12.6?

      Rodrigo

      1. Mark Unwin

        Yes it was fixed in 1.12.6 (released yesterday). Yes you can upgrade. http://www.open-audit.org/downloads.php

      2. Rodrigo Nunes

        I updated to version 1.12.6 and it worked properly. Tks

      CommentAdd your comment...
    2.  
      1
      0
      -1

      Mark,

      When is the next release of the product (Open Audit).

      Could you provide me the patch for fix of this issue.

      -Neha

      1. Mark Unwin

        Releasing this week. In audit_windows.vbs find item = item & " <value><![CDATA[" & escape_xml(objItem.VariableValue) & "]]></value>" & vbcrlf replace item = item & " <value>" & escape_xml(objItem.VariableValue) & "</value>" & vbcrlf

      2. Neha Rawat

        Thanks for providing fix. This fix worked on 2 of our machine. But I am not able to submit audit due to following error on some of my machines: "Error with http request (2). Audit not submitted." I am sending the resulting file of offline audit of machine in question to open-audit@opmantek.com

      3. Mark Unwin

        This is an issue with the target computers. The audit script runs and attempts to use "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0" to submit the result. If it cannot create this object and submit it an error will be generated (as reported). Suggest you fix whatever is wrong with the (old, unsupported XP) machines then try again. You could also run the script locally, output it to a file (as you have done) and then manually upload it to the server by going to (in Open-AudIT) menu -> Admin -> Devices -> Add a Devices (using an audit result). Mark.

      CommentAdd your comment...
    3.  
      1
      0
      -1

      Thanks Neha,

      I received your audit result and found the bug. Expect a fix to be included in the next release (ie - REAL soon now)...

      Thanks for reporting the bug.

      Mark.

        CommentAdd your comment...
      1.  
        1
        0
        -1

        Hi Mark,

        I have generated an output files on two of the machines (machine in question) & send it on open-audit@opmantek.com

        Neha

          CommentAdd your comment...
        1.  
          1
          0
          -1

          Neha,

          Can you run an offline audit and capture the output (at a command prompt on the machine in question). Copy the audit script to it (if you're using Discovery it may already be in c:\windows).

          And send the resulting file to open-audit@opmantek.com

          I'll see if I can recreate the issue.

          Mark.

            CommentAdd your comment...