I read where you can configure daily audits then network updates every few hours

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

I'm not in an Active Directory environment so I'm not 100% positive but I think you could audit the whole windows domain via scheduled task, as long as you use a domain admin credentials for the task.

Without access to AD, I use batch files to scan subnets. I use scheduled tasks to run each batch file once a day, staggered times. Here is an example of the code. You have to be logged in with local administrator account where you run the batch files, and all windows boxes you audit should have same local administrator password. The output to logfile is just so I can see what's happening once in a while, but those are deleted weekly.

cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.0.0.17 >> I:\temp\vlan2-%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%log.txt
      cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.0.0.19 >> I:\temp\vlan2-%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%log.txt
      cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.0.0.20 >> I:\temp\vlan2-%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%log.txt
      cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.0.0.21 >> I:\temp\vlan2-%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%log.txt
      cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.0.0.22 >> I:\temp\vlan2-%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%log.txt
      cscript audit_windows.vbs 10.0.0.23 >> I:\temp\vlan2-%date:~12,2%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%log.txt

+1 for Phils answer.

You can also use Open-AudIT Enterprise to schedule subnet discovery (which will do much more than only Windows PCs). Or use it to schedule Active Directory Discovery.