I am using a fresh install of CentOS 7 minimal 1511. I set the networking, proxy, upgraded with yum and installed Perl. 

When running

sh ./OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.6.run

I receive this error:

Can't locate version.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at ./installer line 38.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./installer line 38.

I cannot figure out how to get this script to run properly. I greatly appreciate your time and assistance with this issue. 

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi,

Unfortunately a minimal install requires a couple of packages to get it running. Try installing the below, then re-running the installer (you already found/installed perl).

yum install perl-version perl-Data-Dumper
      1. James Diroff II

Thank you for the replies. Since I had installed just the perl package, additionally installing perl-version and perl-Data-Dumper allowed the script to run. 

As Mark said the Opmantek installer is written in perl - very non-demanding perl (from the perspective of dependencies) but  a few modules are required nevertheless. RedHat/Centos7 is a tad odd in that "minimal" there is really, really minimal and lacks perl altogether. Personally I'd recommend that you use

yum install perl-core

to install a 'standard' perl environment, but just pulling in the version module and dumper should suffice.

(We're also planning to provide an installer variation that doesn't require perl in the near future.)