After the installation of open-audit, I cannot delete items using the portal for such items as networks, credentials, hosts, etc. The items do create and can be edited but they cannot be deleted. Odd. The only other unusual item is when using the backup feature from the portal, I get mysqldump not found. It is clearly installed and in the default path. Probably not related.

Linux: CentOS 7

Credentials: admin

Install completed without errors. No additional plugins installed.

Suggestions on where to start looking?

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

To restate, what Linux distribution and version do you install Open-AudIT server to test using an Ubuntu client with Chrome?

I use a couple of different servers. OSX, Debian and Ubuntu are the main one's. We test on Windows, Centos/RH 6&7, Debian and Ubuntu 16.04 before release.

My client OSs in regular use are OSX and Ubuntu. Always the latest versions of all browsers.

I have just confirmed this bug on our demo machine. It'll be addressed next release (in a couple of weeks).

A workaround is - get the ID of the credential set you wish to delete (view it in the web browser and note the integer in the URL). Then run the below command on the Open-AudIT server.

mysql -u openaudit -popenauditpassword -e "DELETE FROM openaudit.credentials WHERE id = <ID>;"

Replace <ID> with the integer from the URL.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

1. Richard Harmonson

Mark, thank you for the update. Good to know I am not losing my mind. I spent several hours spinning up virtual machines and testing to only reproduce the symptom. I will take a break and wait for your updated release.

2. Richard Harmonson

Mark, do you have an update?

3. Mark Unwin

We're gearing up to release 1.12.10 very soon. This fix is included.

4. Richard Harmonson

Mark, can you verify the fix was included in the 1.12.10 release? I installed 1.12.10.1 and the problem persists. I did a clean OS and Open-AudIT installation.

5. Richard Harmonson

Can anyone verify that the fix for deletion of items 1.12.8.2.1 was included in the 1.12.10 release? I see no change in behavior and continue to be unable to delete items.

Am guessing mysqldump is not in the apache users path. Will note that for fixing.

1. Richard Harmonson

Package is from the CentOS base + update repositories. File location, owner, and permissions are: $ ll /usr/bin/mysqldump -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3174144 Aug 11 15:48 /usr/bin/mysqldump

If you right click the page and click "Inspect", then click the delete button - it there any obvious errors in the console?

1. Richard Harmonson

I am not seeing any obvious errors--not sure I would know one if I saw it.. sorry. Chrome was installed specifically to test as you suggested and the only installed extensions are the default Google ones. I have a variety of virtual machines in my lab including Fedora and CentOS. No luck from any of them including the Windows 10 physical workstation (Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit) nor CentOS 7 (Version 54.0.2840.100 (64-bit)) virtual desktop.

2. Mark Unwin

In the inspection window's console they will show in red if there are any errors.

3. Richard Harmonson

Not seeing anything red in the console (I figured out how to configure it to not clear). What I do see is: "http://192.168.121.1/open-audit/index.php/credentials"; when I try to delete versus "http://192.168.121.1/open-audit/index.php/credentials/1?action=update"; when I make edits. Shouldn't there be an action=delete or something? This is so not my area of expertise. :D

4. Richard Harmonson

and I appreciate you patience and assistance. Thank you!

5. Mark Unwin

{quote} What I do see is: "http://192.168.121.1/open-audit/index.php/credentials";; when I try to delete versus "http://192.168.121.1/open-audit/index.php/credentials/1?action=update";; when I make edits. Shouldn't there be an action=delete or something? {quote} No. The request is sent with a verb of DELETE (as opposed to a GET or POST).

6. Richard Harmonson

I am inclined to do a packet capture and analyze the payload then wipe and reinstall if I don't find anything. Before I go that route, do you have further suggestions outside of using the most current version of Chrome?

7. Mark Unwin

Not really - other than try Firefox?!?!?! I know IE was having javascript issues, but I write the code and use Chrome, so it (delete) has always worked (at least for me on OSX and Ubuntu).

8. Richard Harmonson

My initial testing was on Fedora and CentOS using Firefox. What Ubuntu distribution and version do you use to test Open-AudIT server? I can spin up a virtual machine, install, then test with a client browser. If that works, I will know to focus on the CentOS 7.2.1500 server installation. Possibly a missing dependency that is not being checked or a packaged that got messed up. Seen it. Been there. Ugh. Past midnight so going to crash, check back tomorrow, and set aside some time to explore Open-Audit so more this wee. I appreciate the great support. Thank you.

9. Richard Harmonson

Reviewing my comment above, I was unclear. I think. To restate, what Linux distribution and version do you install Open-AudIT server to test using an Ubuntu client with Chrome?

Hi Richard,

This is likely a browser issue. Please try again with the latest version of Chrome. I have already addressed these issues for the next release.

Mark.

1. Richard Harmonson

The problem persists with Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit) and Firefox 45.5.0 ESR using Windows 10 64 bit as a client--I updated both browsers five minutes ago. Everything appears to be working but deletion of items. I installed the OpenAudit 12.8.2.1 using the Linux run file on an up to date CentOS 7.2.1511. I accepted the defaults for it was an initial installation to kick the tires. Do you have further suggestions?

2. Richard Harmonson

Correction: Open-AudIT version 1.12.8.1

3. Richard Harmonson

D*****! The installer is OAE-Linux-x86_64-release_1.12.8.2.1.run! No idea why the portal displays 1.12.8.1.

4. Mark Unwin

Because 1.12.8.2.1 is such a minor release (it was a patch in the upgrade routine) it doesn't warrant a full version.