I have a new install of Open-AudIT and the latest version of nmap.  When I click the login link, I receive the following error:

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: C:\xampplite\open-audit\code_igniter\system\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 124

Does anyone know what this means?

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

I just installed "OAE-Win-x86_64-release_2.1.exe" after "nmap-7.60-setup.exe" on a fresh Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I get exactly the same error as the original poster:

A Database Error Occurred
      Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: C:\xampplite\open-audit\code_igniter\system\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 124

Whatever I try as default user password (admin / password) I can't login.

What exactly do I have to do after the installation to login?

(There are several steps mentionend on Getting Started, but they are very confusing - at least for the usual windows user).

1. Mark Henry

Hello Peter, A couple suggestions; first try rebooting the workstation. If the problem persists please download a fresh copy of the installer (after deleting your existing one) and rerun it paying particular attention to any warnings or notes the installer provides. If this final step doesn't fix the issue please reach out to us at support@opmantek.com so we can gather more detailed troubleshooting information. Best, Mark H

I uninstalled and reinstalled Open-AudIT and everything is working now.  I suspect I may not have had the nmap installation completely finished before I started the Open-AudIT installation, and it might have caused an issue.

Thanks for your help!

It's a Windows 7 installation.  There were no errors for either of the installers.

1. Mark Henry

Christine, Could you double-check and ensure it is a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and NOT the 32-bit version?

2. Christine Quintillo

Sorry, I should have stated that. Yes, it is 64-bit, Windows 7 Pro.

Hello Christine,

Sorry you ran into problems with Open-AudIT. Can you tell us what operating system you installed it on and if the installation reported any errors?

r/Mark H