For organizational reasons we have changed the system.status field called production to another arbitrary field name. The @filter however seems to have "production" hard coded into it so that it breaks all our customized query's. Is there a way to customize the @filter? 

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

The default for @filter is system.status = 'production'. Yes, this will break your queries if you have renamed 'production' to something else. I would revert to using "production". The entire API uses this, so unless you wish to rewrite a lot of the code (and again, every time a new release is installed), reverting back to the standard values will be much, much easier.

Can I ask why you needed to change that?

1. ops@claresco.com

Thanks for the reply. That is unfortunate. In our organization, "Production" is an environment, not a status. In several of the default lists, having "production" displayed under status is in disagreement with the environment of the majority of our systems, e.g. development, test, user test, etc and causes confusion. It's much clearer if we can show status as "up"or "down", etc.

2. Mark Unwin

You do know that there is an "environment" attribute as well though? This is distinct from status.

3. Mark Unwin

As a value of the status attribute, "production" has been around since the beginning and cannot be altered as it would likely break everyone's SQL queries they have created. This is unfortunately not negotiable.

4. ops@claresco.com

Right, we are aware of, and are using the environment variable. The confusion for our users ( mostly devs trying to locate a system ) comes from records being both dev ( env ) and prod ( status ) or uat ( env ) and prod ( status )... again, in our use, production is not a status, so it's very misleading. We are just evaluating, so we'll live with it for now. If we were to adopt this app for our org, and consider paying for the enterprise version, a major wishlist item would be a configurable "@filter". Thanks again for your replies.

5. Mark Unwin

No problem. I'm pretty sure we could code something into OA to be configurable as you'd like. If you have any other questions or anything I can help with, please do log them. PS - Don't forget there's a lot of information in the wiki at https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/Home

CommentAdd your comment...