Audit don't works correctly.

Script run on GPO at logon.

Before the audit works correctly and I saw when it was executed, I tried to perform the audit with the cscript command on a networked PC and I get these errors:
problem authenticating (7)
error number: 70
error description: authorization denied
pc not able to be audited but seen in active directory

What can be done to solve the problem?
Thank you

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

That error says that the user running the script has insufficient access to run the below.

set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strcomputer & "\root\cimv2")

When you say it worked "before" - what version of Open-AudIT did it work on?

This code has not changed for quite a while.

1. omega4471

all domain users do not have administrative rights except administrators

version 2.2.7 worked correctly

2. omega4471

there is a way around the problem, users cannot have administrative rights on their workstations

3. Mark Unwin

The code that generates "problem authenticating (7)" has not changed between 2.2.7 and 3.1.2 (I just checked).

According to Microsoft, error 70 is defined as "Permission denied".

I have also tested as a regular user on a WIndows 2008 machine and it works as intended. No Administrator required.

I have updated the script on GitHuib, although it wasn't related to this issue - but might be worth a try downloading again and giving it another try. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Opmantek/open-audit/dev/other/audit_windows.vbs

If it doesn't work, then the issue is your users permission level on the machine.

4. omega4471

Thanks, the new script works.

skip the authentication problem, shows a warning - will not able to retrieve group policy details and after the script is executed.

even the new script does not work gives the same errors.

I have found and fixed the issue. FYI - It was for reading policies on the device. That requires Admin. If we don't get that now, we work around it (and obviously don't get the policies).

You can download the newer fixed version from GitHub. This will be in the next release.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Opmantek/open-audit/dev/other/audit_windows.vbs