Hi there,

I have just upgraded open-audit to version 3.4.0. The machine is centos 7.8.2003 and php version is 7.4.9 (which I believe is the current latest php version).

The upgrade seems to work well enough except when submitting an on-line audit or importing the generated xml file manually. The reported error "HTTP ERROR 500".

In the apache error logs I see the following error:

[Thu Aug 20 15:01:17.240479 2020] [php7:error] [pid 9594] [client 192.168.30.225:54634] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error\
: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/helpers/au\
dit_helper.php:192\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/controllers/include_input_devices.ph\
p(144): audit_convert()\n#1 /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/controllers/devices.php(302): include('/usr/l\
ocal/open...')\n#2 /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/controllers/devices.php(79): Devices->create()\n#3 /us\
r/local/open-audit/code_igniter/system/core/CodeIgniter.php(326): Devices->_remap()\n#4 /var/www/html/open-audit/index.p\
hp(324): require_once('/usr/local/open...')\n#5 {main}\n thrown in /usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/helpe\
rs/audit_helper.php on line 192, referer: http://bo/open-audit/index.php/devices/create

The above was from an attempt to input the xml file but the exact same error occurs with submitting the audit online. The audit_windows.vbs script generates the error:

Error with http request(2). Audit not submitted.

I've searched the community forums and couldn't find the same error and I don't know how to proceed with troubleshooting this. Any help would be gratefully received!

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

We have tested against Centos 7 with PHP 5.4.16. We have not tested, nor support at this time a non-default PHP install. In theory it should work (I run 7.2.24 on my Ubuntu 18.05 workstation) - but it appears not to. I cannot provide an estimate on time to fix at this time. Basically - we support default update to date distributions.

Having said that, Ubuntu 20.04 contains PHP 7.4.3 and Centos 8 contains PHP 7.3.5 so I'll be working with those soon.

Shaun,

See patch and warnings in my comments here - Upgrade data in Community v1.12 Linux to Community v3.4 Linux

1. Shaun Ashcroft

Hi Mark,

Thank-you! I've tried the autoload patch in the config file but unfortunately the problem remains the same. When I've cleared a couple of jobs on my desk I'm thinking of trying to (cautiously) downgrade php on the machine.

2. Shaun Ashcroft

Just to let you know that I have now downgraded PHP to ver 7.2.33 and that does seem to work OK, the machines are now performing their weekly audit and submitting correctly.

3. Mark Unwin

Shaun,

Thanks for letting us know. FYI - I tried on a fully patched Centos8 the other day and apart from needing libsnl installed (for the installer to run), it worked just fine. I'll see if I can run up a virtual machine and test against PHP 7.8. We'll need to use that soon enough anyway...

Mark.

Understood. Actually the PHP upgrade (from 5.6 ) was prompted by another product upgrade needing to move to php v7.x and the instructions I found for doing this upgrade on Centos led to installing 7.4.9. So, only a guess, but there will be more centos machines upgrading this way.

Thanks again for your help!