Time is off by 7 hrs, maybe it is set to UTC?

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

UTC shows up in the following fields: OS Details timezone: UTC, Database Details timezone: UTC, PHP Details timezone: UTC, Permissions Details cron_file : UTC

I am seeing it on the Home/Discoveries Webpage... in the Last Run column, the time is off by 7 hours.

Same thing on the Discovery log file webpage

This was for Discovery of a single device 

1. Mark Unwin

Go to menu → Help → Support and see if the timezone is incorrect for the database or operating system.

2. SouthwestUSA

UTC shows up in the following fields: OS Details timezone: UTC, Database Details timezone: UTC, PHP Details timezone: UTC, Permissions Details cron_file : UTC

3. Mark Unwin

So you'll need to change the timezone in the OS (smile)

4. SouthwestUSA

But the MacOS displays the correct time.

5. Mark Unwin

Are you running Open-AudIT (the webserver) on MacOS?

To be honest (not trying to be difficult), we don't officially support that. The last time I tried, it did work (and there is code in-app to deal with differing paths, etc). I'll have a poke about over the weekend and see what I can see.

6. SouthwestUSA

Mark, My goal was to run out of the GUI hosted on the iMac, but due to all the getting started steps maybe I am running out of Safari even though the GUI is up...where can I find the steps to setup the GUI properly?

7. Mark Unwin

There is no GUI other than the web pages - it's a web-app.

How did you install it? Copied from GitHub and manually configured? Executed the .run or the .exe?

Where are you seeing the time off, in the GUI?

The time should be taken from MySQL, which should take it from the OS.