Hi,

My MongoDB data partition is filling up from opFlow. I have read the guides and they indicate that setting the following:

1. 'opflow_db_conversations_collection_size' => '16106127360',

2.     'opflow_db_flows_collection_size' => 5368709120,

should restrict the size.  They don't restrict the MongoDB size.  Why is that? How do you control the size?

If I then run: 

/usr/local/omk/bin/opflow-cli.pl act=purge      ('opflow_raw_flows_age_days' => '5',)

I get the following error which I cannot find a remedy via searching:

Purging of conversations failed: Timed out while waiting for socket to become ready for reading

I've tried stopping several services and re-running but get the same error. I f I stop MongoDB, I get a cannot connect to MongoDB socket error.....which makes sense.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for cleaning up/purging the MongoDB for opFlow v3 please?

Kind Regards,

David

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. I will give that a go on the weekend.  Are you able to explain what

'/usr/local/omk/bin/opflow-cli.pl act=purge'      does?    and what was the error I was getting relate to?

Kind Regards,

David

1. Mark Henry

David, The error suggest the connection to the Mongo dB timed out. I would check the load on the server as well as the mongod logs to determine how the dB is performing. Regarding act=purge, there are actually several options for this including purge|purge-raw|purge-endpoints|purge-indices. You can read more about it HERE: https://community.opmantek.com/display/opFlow/opFlow+3+Operations+Guide

Hello David,

The two settings in opCommon.nmis do reflect the capped size of the dB. However, adjusting those numbers does not adjust the dB cap. That is done through using /usr/local/omk/bin/opflow-cli.pl act=setup-db

Please note recapping an existing dB can take several hours to complete.