I have added to NMIS 2 devices of type Cisco-ISR4431 / K9, in which the OpConfig module validates the connection by TELNET or SSH, indicating that the access credentials are correct, but I can not obtain information such as "show running" or "show ip interface brief".

So I would like to know if someone has integrated this type of equipment, if you have given this error, as I solve it.

regards

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

If you have a valid support contract please open a ticket by emailing support@opmantek.com.  If you are using a free demo license then the best place to start is by determining what opConfig thinks this node is by running the following command:

/usr/local/omk/bin/opnode_admin.exe act=show node=<node_name>

Posting the command output will help us better understand why it's not working.

1. Juan Maxia

Christopher, Thank you for your prompt response, I told you that I have other NMIS teams like C1900, C800 or ASR900, those if the OpConfig works well capturing the "show running" or "show ip interface brief". I put the output you gave me when executing the command on the CiscoISR. $ sudo /usr/local/omk/bin/opnode_admin.exe act=show node=CC_TYT_GT_CENTRAL entry.activated.opConfig=1 entry.activated.opEvents=1 entry.active=true entry.addresses.0=10.212.128.39 entry.addresses.1=10.18.54.2 entry.addresses.2=172.16.222.5 entry.addresses.3=10.15.0.1 entry.addresses.4=172.16.222.4 entry.addresses.5=20.0.0.2 entry.addresses.6=30.0.0.2 entry.authprotocol=md5 entry.businessService= entry.calls=false entry.cbqos=none entry.collect=true entry.comments= entry.connection_info.credential_set=gestionip2 entry.connection_info.default_continuation= entry.connection_info.line_endings= entry.connection_info.personality=ios entry.connection_info.privileged_paging=0 entry.connection_info.transport=Telnet entry.country=Guatemala entry.customer=Opmantek entry.depend= entry.group=CC_TYT_VIP entry.host=10.212.128.39 entry.location=Guatemala entry.max_msg_size=1472 entry.max_repetitions=0 entry.model=automatic entry.name=CC_TYT_GT_CENTRAL_TETRACENTER entry.netType=lan entry.notes= entry.os_info.image=X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M entry.os_info.major=16.6 entry.os_info.os=IOS entry.os_info.platform=ISR entry.os_info.train=16.6 entry.os_info.version=16.6.2 entry.ping=true entry.port=161 entry.privprotocol=des entry.property=Customer entry.rancid=false entry.remote_connection_name=SSH to Node entry.remote_connection_url=ssh://$host entry.roleType=CPE_C entry.server_priority=10 entry.serviceStatus=Development entry.services= entry.threshold=true entry.timezone=0 entry.uuid=4c5aa571-5d5b-11e8-ad7d-e4229f613e10 entry.version=snmpv2c entry.webserver=false

2. Christopher Gatlin

Juan, This is really great data. The first thing we look for is the activation status. In this case we notice: entry.activated.opConfig=1 We observe that is node is active for opConfig. The next critical attributes are credential_set, personality, and transport. We observe that these are all set. Now we look at the os_info attributes. This is identified as an IOS device, and the major release is 16.6. This is important because these attributes are used to match a specific command set. The command sets are found in /usr/local/omk/conf/command_sets.d. In this directory you'll find a file ios.nmis. Backup this file somewhere safe, then open it with a text editor. This file is in reality a perl hash; be very careful while editing as this must follow strict perl syntax. You will find 'keys' such as IOS_DAILY, IOS_HOURLY, etc. Nested under these keys you'll notice a 'version' key. The version value is a perl regular expression. If you change this to: '/12.2|12.4|15.\d+|16.\d+/' I suspect it may work. After editing this file check it for perl syntax correctness like so: perl -c ios.nmis Any stray comma, brace, bracket, quote, carriage return, etc. will render this fragile file useless. restart the opconfigd service. service opconfigd restart Then try the following to see if it works. /usr/local/omk/bin/opconfig-cli.exe act=run_command_sets node=<node_name> debug=9

3. Juan Maxia

Dear Christopher Gatlin, You are a master, thanks for the support, make the change you indicated to me in IOS_DAILY, IOS_HOURLY, IOS_TS_BGP, IOS_CPU_ROUTER and IOS_TOP_FLOW_TALKERS. Successful test results. [root @ cc4 command_sets.d] # perl -c ios.nmis ios.nmis syntax OK [Tue Jun 19 00:08:47 2018] [debug] opConfig: run_and_store_commands node = CC_TYT_GT_CENTRAL_TETRACENTER END The only thing that caused me doubt is that with the last command that executes "opconfig-cli.exe act = run_command_sets". As you notice not only the node "CC_TYT_GT_CENTRAL_TETRACENTER" discovered, but all the others that were on that server, is this normal? Thank you in advance for your support.

4. Christopher Gatlin

On my test system I execute the following command: /usr/local/omk/bin/opconfig-cli.exe act=run_command_sets node=r2 debug=9 > /tmp/debug.txt 2>&1 Then I look for 'run_command_sets' in the debug output. grep 'run_and_store_commands' /tmp/debug.txt [Tue Jun 19 06:17:37 2018] [debug] run_and_store_commands is done, parent now waiting for children to finish [Tue Jun 19 06:17:37 2018] [debug] worker[28462] run_and_store_commands PID=28462 node=r2 commands=show ip flow top-talkers,show version,show running-config,show cdp neighbors detail,show startup-config,show inventory,show diag,show flash,show interfaces,show ip interface,show ip route summary,show ip route,show ip interface brief,show interfaces stats,show processes cpu sorted ,show ip flow top-talkers,show ip bgp,show ip bgp summary,show ip route summary debug=9 If things are working normally commands sets should only be ran for the specified node.

CommentAdd your comment...