Restoring a Backup
By default, 2 two backup files are saved in the poller in the directory <nmis>/backups or <omk/nmis>/backups. conf/conf.d/backups>. This configuration can be changed in the configuration file:
The number of backup files can also be changed in the configuration file, modifying the configuration item:
Restoring a backup should be done manually, in each poller where the restoration needs to be done, following the steps:
- Go to the backup directory in the master. By default:
- NMIS: <nmis>/backups
- OMK: <omk/conf/conf.d/backups>.
- The backup file should be file_name.nmis.version. For example, authentication.nmis.3
- Rename the file, removing the version. For example, authentication.nmis.
- Move the file to the external configuration folder. By default:
- NMIS: <nmis>/conf/conf.d
- OMK: <omk>/conf/conf.d
- For some of the changes to take effect, the corresponding daemon should be restarted. For example:
- service nmis9d restart
These are new configuration values: