- The individual performing this installation has a small bit of Linux experience.
Root access is available.
- Internet access is required for installing any missing, but required software packages.
- NMIS must be installed on the same server that opEvents is being installed on. If you do not yet have a working installation of NMIS in your server, please follow the procedure in the NMIS 8 Installation Guide and install NMIS before installing opEvents
- You will need a license for opEvents (evaluation available HERE).
- All licenses are added/updated at https://<hostname>/omk/opLicense .
For detailed information about Opmantek's interactive installer, including installation options (non-standard directory, non-interactive install, etc.) please review the Opmantek Installer page.
opEvents requires a working MongoDB installation (but not necessarily on the same server). With opEvents 1.2.6 and newer the installer will install and configure MongoDB for you. For previous versions of opEvents please follow the instructions in the MongoDB Installation Guide
While opEvents does not require any specific MongoDB setup, you will have to provide opEvents with the correct MongoDB server information, database name and user name/password (if you use authentication). opEvents works best with the default database name "
nmis", and with MongoDB authentication enabled.
- Download opEvents from the Opmantek website.