I'm on a trial run with this software and have the ok to buy it, the only real issue I see is that nothing is intuitive.  It's robust as hell, but I can't find what I'm looking for in the software or in the docs.  Does anyone know how to set up an alert to determine if someone has installed software and have it send me an email?

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

We have a wiki page for setting up scheduled tasks (reports and discovery) here - https://community.opmantek.com/display/OA/How+to+Schedule+Tasks+%28Discovery+and+Reports%29+in+Open-AudIT+Enterprise

You can configure your email settings in Open-AudIT Enterprise at menu -> System -> Email and your tasks at menu -> System -> Task Schedule.

Yeah I see what you are saying.  How do I get it to email me the report automatically?

Hi,

Using Open-AudIT Enterprise you can schedule a report to be emailed to you. This report can be any of the existing reports in Open-AudIT including "Alerts - Software" which will show you the PC, timestamp and name of the installed piece of software.

You can also run the report at any time using the web interface.

We don't (at present) have the ability to email a single "alert" for a given attribute change. From experience, you would receive a LOT of emails each day. A scheduled report is your answer (smile)

Mark.