We already have a webserver running with apache and mysql, I would like to install open-audit on that server aswell. How would I do this? Can i just install it and will it run next to eachother or will that interfere?

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

If you have an existing Windows server with existing (non-Open-AudIT) installs of Apache, PHP and MySQL - YES, it changes things immensely and installing Open-AudIT via the installer will break those existing things.

I would create a new Windows VM (or use our free Opmantek VM) using VirtualBox (free) and use it there.

If you have to install it on an existing WAMP machine... You would need to install on another machine and copy the files across, along with the database, then setup your existing Apache and MySQL to use these. I have to say that if you were a supported user we would definitely assist with this.

The reason we ship the application with Apache and MySQL though is to simplify installation and configuration. Not using the shipped items will make installation and configuration more complex.

"Just use our VM" (smile)

Assuming you're on Linux, it should work fine. Just run the installer.

As long as the modules it requires are already installed, you won't be prompted to re-install them.

Open-AudIT should live alongside any other applications just fine.

1. Koen Derksen

Thanks for the fast response. The server is running Windows Server 2012 does this change anything?