Hi,

I've installed Open-AudIT and quickly discovered PCs on the network.  However, the tool did not discover switch, wireless access points or mobile devices.  Is that something this tool is supposed to discover or do I need to install another module?

Thanks,

Greg

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

The ability to detect devices on your network depends on a few factors.

1. to detect a device, the device needs to respond to ping (at least).
        your switch will certainly not respond to pings anywhere except on its monitoring interface and ip address; the same goes for wifi access points.
      2. to determine further details for the device, it needs to support SNMP or WMI or a shell connection with SSH, and your scan has to be performed with the appropriate credentials set.

The wiki page on how discovery works has more details.

I have tried restarting my router, but with no success. I have tried multiple browsers (Safari, Firefox, and Chrome), but no luck. Clearing caches and cookies didn't work either. I trying much time because I want to install Arlo security system over wireless but I can't do it. I already contact Netgear Arlo support person but there was a problem over the connection So I am not able to connect them properly.