Is it possible to import devices in spreadsheet with location? Thank you.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

I just performed the following and it successfully updated the locations of devices.

• Create a new location.
      • Run the report "Export Devices" on a suitable group.
      • Export the report to Excel.
      • Add the column location_name to the spreadsheet.
      • Input the previously created location name into the location_name column for the rows of devices I wished to change.
      • Import the spreadsheet at menu -> Admin -> Devices -> Add Multiple Devices (using spreadsheet).

It worked as expected.

1. Yvonne Lee

It works, thank you

2. Yvonne Lee

But I meet such error when I import existing device without system id Error Error on row #3. Insufficient details to create system key. Please supply (in order of preference) fqdn, hostname and domain, type and (unique) serial, ip address. Go back and try again. Error on row #3. Insufficient details to create system key. Please supply (in order of preference) fqdn, hostname and domain, type and (unique) serial, ip address.

3. Mark Unwin

If you do exactly as I did above it will work. When you run the Export Devices query it will provide the system_id.

4. Yvonne Lee

yes, with system_id, it does not has error; but when I try to update existing device without system_id, it has error

Add a column to the spreadsheet called "location_name".

The contents of that column need to exactly match the values of your Location Names in the application. Do that and they should match up and work fine.

1. Yvonne Lee

Hi Mark I have tried to add a column to the spreadsheet called "location_name" but it does not work, the location is not updated