Hi All,

I want to create a user and give it read-only rights. I am using NMIS 8.4.6G version. Please help, if anyone know how to do it.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

That's fully documented on the User Management in NMIS8 page. In short: add your user via the menu System->System Configuration->Users, give it a privilege level of "guest", "operator" or possibly "engineer", and one or more group rights.

then add the user to your chosen authentication setup; if that's htpassword, that requires running htpasswd on the console. At that point you should be able to log in with that new user.

If the chosen privilege level doesn't allow a particular operation you'd like to expose (or the other way round), use the menus Privilege Map and Access Policy to adjust those.

1. Tarun Sehgal

I have created the user in the NMIS GUI. Can you guide me how to create a user in the root. Because I have gone through the documentation, but still i am unable to login. Is there any privielege need to be given in the command line.?

2. Keith Sinclair

You will find the information here: https://community.opmantek.com/display/NMIS/User+Management+in+NMIS8#UserManagementinNMIS8-AddingauserforAuthentication You will need to ssh to the server and login as root, then you will need to change into the directory and run the command. The commands are: cd /usr/local/nmis8/conf htpasswd users.dat testuser # ...then just follow the prompts

Thanks a lot. It works.