i try to open Open-AudIT and I get

This page can't be displayed
  • Make sure the web address http://localhost is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

??

I was using before with no problems but now after restarting the pc this is all I get

how to troubleshoot this problem

what services need to run for this to work?

CommentAdd your comment...

5 answers

OK, so the machine you're installing 1.8.4 on is x64 Windows 7.

That should definitely "just work" (it's what we build the installer on and test on).

The installer should take care of everything for you. It should copy the files (into c:\omk and c:\xampplite), configure and start the services (apache2.2, MySQL, Opmantek Daemon) which should all be listed in the control panel -> services icon. The services should all be set to auto-start.

There should be no need to manually run any executables. Having said that, you should see xampp-control.exe in the c:\xampplite folder. You can run this and it should show you the status of Apache and MySQL.

I'm assuming you installed this as an Administrator (using "Run as Administrator")?

Failing that, I'm running out of idea's. It works for everyone else (otherwise we would have MANY questions, emails and forum posts).

1. Unknown User (linas)

So after uninstalling and reinstalling it seem to work all executables and in the xampplite folder and its running? I did lose all previous scans It there a way to export or copy all the scans and if needed to reinstall copy all scans back?

2. Mark Unwin

You can run the below to take a (file) backup of the database {code} cd c:\xampplite\mysql\bin mysqldump.exe -u openaudit -popenauditpassword --extended-insert=FALSE openaudit > openaudit_mysql.sql {code} That will generate a file called openaudit_mysql.sql. Move this file somewhere else before you uninstall. Once you have reinstalled, move the file back and use the command below to restore that data. {code} mysql -u openaudit -popenauditpassword openaudit < openaudit_mysql.sql {code}

this is a windows 7 pro x64 desktop computer and i believe the is the newest version of Open Audit

just off your website OAE-Win-X86_64-release_1_8_4.exe?

and like i sad before there are no exeicutables in the xampplite folder?

After reinstalling i found Opmantek Daemon in Computer Management\services and when i try to run i get error message "Windows could not start the Opmantek Daemon service on Local Computer.

Error 216:0xd8"

still no apache2.2 or MySQL services?

1. Mark Unwin

Is the Windows machine 64bit? It has to be 64bit for Open-AudIT to function correctly.

Thanks for your response

i looked under services and i do not have any of the services you describe?

apache2.2
        MySQL
        Opmantek Daemon

i searched the computer for apache and found xampplite in there i found a readme.txt and it says to

Step 2: Start Apache with the Control Panel (xampp-control.exe) or with => \xampplite\apache_start.bat.

i searched the c: and there are no BAT files?

also describes MYsql but i do not have and cannot run

Start MySQL with the Control Panel (xampp-control.exe) or with => \xampplite\mysql_start.bat.

and i searched my computer for

Opmantek and find a few files but nothing executable?

do these services have differant names in Computer Management\services?

how to start the services for apache2.2
        MySQL
        Opmantek Daemon ?

1. Mark Unwin

I'm guessing you're running a very old version of Open-AudIT. If you use c:\xampplite\xampp-control.exe and start Apache and MySQL you should be able to get a webpage. Can you log in and let us know the version. The current version is 1.8.4 and I'd highly recommend you upgrade.

You should have the following services running:

apache2.2
        MySQL
        Opmantek Daemon