I am trying to get all the DBMS instances such as:

"KAPILPC\\SQL2012 (SQL Server 11.0.5058 -sa)"

"Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition"

I am interested in knowing if Open Audit can query a list of DBMS instances configured on a single machine or domain.

Mark Unwin - are you familiar with what is the (mysql) query that I can write - OpenAudit provides a mysql query interface to query such things. But - I couldn't find any documentation or tried querying different mysql database tables to find if there was a way to query the DBSM instances running on a system. I couldn't hit anything tangible. Am I missing something?

Appreciate greatly for the quick reply.

Thanks,

Kapil

1. Kapil Vyas

Mark Unwin - are you familiar with what is the (mysql) query that I can write - OpenAudit provides a mysql query interface to query such things. But - I couldn't find any documentation or tried querying different mysql database tables to find if there was a way to query the DBSM instances running on a system. I couldn't hit anything tangible. Am I missing something?

Appreciate greatly for the quick reply.

2. Mark Unwin

The database tables of interest would be: software, service, server, server.item software.name like '%sql server%' service.name like '%mssql%' server.type = 'database' server_item.type = 'database'

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

At present Open-AudIT can list all installed software.

It can also list database instances and databases for SQL Server (only). We plan to extend this to other DBMS like MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle, et al in the future (or sooner if we have someone sponsor the development).

1. Kapil Vyas

What about the Enterprise Edition - does it enable the other DBMS instances?

2. Mark Unwin

Enterprise build on top of Community but does not do any additional information collecting.

CommentAdd your comment...