4 answers

Hello Matthew,

opConfig supports hundreds of devices right out of the box, but for the occasional device which may not have a Command Set you can build one using the instructions found HERE: opConfig user Manual

Regards,

Mark H

CommentAdd your comment...

Thank you, I am working on a New command set now.

My apologies Matt. Case of doing something so often you miss that critical step that isn't obvious to all. I will update the documents now.

The path for the connection strings is: /usr/local/omk/conf/phrasebooks

For the command sets themselves: /usr/local/omk/conf/command_sets.d

Mark H

I have the user manual but It does not tell where the command_sets live.

I would love to try to build my own but I cant find in the manual where to edit the current ones or to put a new one.

1. Alexander Zangerl

sorry about the documentation oversight - you're correct,  we've inadvertently buried that information in the release notes. i've just updated the opConfig User Manual to fix this.

in a nutshell: conf/command_sets.d/<anything>.nmis is for the live command sets, install/command_sets.d/ holds the default files as shipped. for backwards compatibility there's also conf/command_sets.nmis (single file), but we recommend you use the snippet files under command_sets.d.