When Active Directory discovery finds client computers in the Active Directory domain, it doesn't find the domain controller itself, where the experimental installation of Open-audIT Enterprise is running.  Is this correct behaviour?

On a different computer a few weeks ago, subnet discovery found the computer's self where the experimental installation of Open-audIT Enterprise was running.  Though that was on a Windows 10 computer in a workgroup without a domain.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

It should do but may not because of a weird Windows auditing local Windows thing.

Just run a normal Discovery on the DC (discover a single IP) from the Open-AudIT server.

1. Norman Diamond

If it should find itself in Active Directory, this seems to be a bug.

2. Norman Diamond

If I list devices discovered during the last 30 days then Active Directory discovery only found the two clients. But if I list all device types, of type computer, then the list contains all three computers, the two clients and the server. So I infer that Active Directory discovery did not discover the server itself because some other operation had already discovered the server itself. I wonder what operation that was.

CommentAdd your comment...