Hi there,

we use the newest 1.12.10.1 Debian package. Everything works like a charm, except the matching of the systems. I've read about matching procedures but it seems that it is not working properly.

We have 250 Clients and some of the clients overwrite each other. 95 % working great but 5 % have this issue. Now I changed the matching settings to ONLY match with "match_hostname_uuid" because I've checked the overwriting clients and both have a different hostname and different uuid. I unchecked every "match_*" configuration setting except the "match_hostname_uuid". But now I have over 1000 clients because every time the script is startet ( 2 times each day ) they get a new system id and so they are doubled. I don't know why ... I already have checked m_system.php and I can't really understand, why the matching doesn't work properly.

Can you test it in your testsystem or give me a tipp with that!?

I also reset the settings to "default" as shown on your "new version improvement sites" but after that, some clients overwrite themselves again.

I already tried to use only the uuid...but also did not work. Every time I start the script, a new entry for this client is shown up.

Thanks a lot for helping me :-)

Valentino

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Can you run an audit on two separate devices that are being conflated into a single entry in Open-AudIT and send me both audit result files?

Run an audit script locally on each machine as below (unsure if they'll be Windows or Linux machines, so commands for both follow).

Windows - cscript audit_windows.vbs submit_online=n create_file=y debugging=3

Linux - ./audit_linux.sh submit_online=n create_file=y debugging=3

Send the two result files to openaudit@opmantek.com.

Mark.

CommentAdd your comment...