Receive Error number 1146 after DB update when upgrading from 1.8 to 1.12.10

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Can you post the actual error please (as per the web page you saw it on).

1. Mel Sweet

The exact error I am receiving is: Error Number: 1146 Table 'openaudit.sys_hw_bios' doesn't exist DELETE sys_hw_bios FROM sys_hw_bios LEFT JOIN system ON system.system_id = sys_hw_bios.system_id WHERE sys_hw_bios.timestamp <> system.timestamp Filename: C:\xampplite\open-audit\code_igniter\system\database\DB_driver.php Line Number: 330

Thanks Mel,

FYI - I have never been able to replicate this (I've seen it once or twice before). I'll dig into it some more and let you know what I find.

In the meantime, you could always restore your install from the backup (auto created on Windows). There should be another directory in c:\xampplite called open-audit-TIMESTAMP (substitute the timestamp for when you initially ran the upgrade). Delete c:\xampplite\open-audit. Rename the backup folder to open-audit. Remove your existing (broken) database:

c:\xampplite\mysql\bin\mysql -u openaudit -popenauditpassword -e "drop database openaudit; create database openaudit;"

Restore the old database:

c:\xampplite\mysql\bin\mysql -u openaudit -popenauditpassword openaudit < c:\xampplite\open-audit\db_backup_TIMESTAMP.sql

(substitute the timestamp for when it was backed up).

You may encounter issues with files in c:\xampplite\htdocs. If you do, post back and we can fix those as well.

I'll keep you updated with what I find.

Mark.

The exact error I am receiving is:

Error Number: 1146

Table 'openaudit.sys_hw_bios' doesn't exist

DELETE sys_hw_bios FROM sys_hw_bios LEFT JOIN system ON system.system_id = sys_hw_bios.system_id WHERE sys_hw_bios.timestamp <> system.timestamp

Filename: C:\xampplite\open-audit\code_igniter\system\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 330