Hi everyone ,

I wanna  change the notification mean from email to syslog, i know that i should change it in setup>email, Notification and Escalation. but is changing mai:contact1 for example to syslog is sufficient or i i have to install a syslog server by myself and configure NMIS to use it.

My best regards,

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

to tell NMIS that you want its escalation messages sent by syslog, you'll have to change the notification entry for a particular level to include syslog:<somehostname> or syslog:<ip address>, e.g. "syslog:localhost".

NMIS will then send these notifications via the syslog protocol to the given target address or hostname.

naturally this  requires that the server you're sending these to has a syslog daemon installed and configured for incoming network connections. the former is normal for typical linux/unix systems, the latter is not and usually requires a bit of reconfiguration of the syslog daemon in question, and that any firewalls inbetween the sending and receiving systems allow UDP packets to port 514.

CommentAdd your comment...