Is it possible to modify the search field rules to search on description field?

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

I tested the search on Hardware -> Device report. The url is: http://my_IP/open-audit/index.php/queries/13/execute

On this query I can view my server's serial but if I insert a serial on the search field, nothing is found.

Thanks

Can you copy and send along the URL to the page you're having issue with? I cannot duplicate this issue on our end, but it might be limited to a specific data set or page.

Hi Mark Henry,

on old version of open audit this worked well, but on new V2 the search field can search only on name and ip field.

Now i am using the latest 2.0.2 version.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello!

The Search field searches through each field that is displayed in the current view for the text you enter. So, you just need to find a report or query that includes the field you want to search through. For example, from the Open-AudIT Enterprise dashboard you can select My Devices from the left-hand menu. This will give you a list of all devices and includes the Description field. 

Please keep in mind you can edit existing queries to add or remove fields.

Best,

Mark H