Hi I have already added Casa Systems into enterprise.

What is also required and what are the commands to go into ,oid file? for the enterprise i am using vim to edit the data. Please guide me as I am very new . Thank you

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hello wrwr,

It sounds like you're trying to create a new device model. Device Modeling is covered in our wiki HERE: Developing Device Models for NMIS

Best,

Mark H

1. wrwr

Hi Mark Henry,

Thanks for the reply. Indeed I am trying to create a new device model. As I am new in network management and currently using the virtual appliance. I have some questions and hope you can answer them. Sorry for not putting it correctly in the beginning.

1. Is it right for me to use vim to edit the files? Or is there alternative commands to easily input the new "data"?
        2. Which part of the Device Modeling do I need to follow for SNMP polling of the device?
        3. How do I update the whole system is it just 

/usr/local/nmis8/bin/fpingd.pl restart=true

Thanks in advance (smile)

2. Mark Henry

wrwr, Yes, you can use an editor, like vim, to do all your work. Some engineers, however, prefer to copy their files offline and use something more robust like Eclipse or BBEdit. The choice is yours. Regarding Device Modeling, I suggest you read the wiki page I sent you along with the training materials (links are on the page). This will help you greatly. If you need more help we do offer both Support & Maintenance and Professional Services that can be of use. Let us know if you'r einterested in discussing and we can schedule a quick call. When you say update the whole system, are you talking about running a full system update like the cron job that runs every day just after midnight? If that is correct, you can simply run nmis <nodename>|all update from the command line and NMIS will complete a full update on the device.

CommentAdd your comment...