Usually I use network group to show a list of devices ordered by IP to show consumed IP and find free address to use on new devices on that network.

But IP addresses of manually added devices aren't visible in network group and I can't know which IP are free or anyway the network group is incomplete.

How I can solve the problem?

CommentAdd your comment...

4 answers

I'm quite sure the networks only look at data in the "ip" table. Manually populated devices do not have any entries in this table. I will need to check. I will advise when I have done so. FYI - I'm away from the keyboard until Tuesday next week. I'll advise ASAP after that.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

I updated to 2.0.10 and I added manually a test device and now on networks --> list networks I can view it.

Now I have 60 devices manually added on previous release that I can't show on network list. On device detail I can't add a netmask. What can I do to solve the problem. Must I necessarily re-insert manually all 60 devices?

Thanks

1. Mark Unwin

The ip + netmask -> network entry has only been implemented for manually entering devices (as yet), not for importing them from a CSV. At the present time, the only way I can see is to delete and recreate them. Is there a reason you cannot run Discovery upon these devices?

2. m.digirolamo@tecnodata-srl.it

I have devices with more than one IP address like router, L3 switches, virtual machines with multiple virtual network card etc... When I add these devices, on network group I can see only the device with the IP used for audit. To see the specific IP address I need to open the device detail. To solve the problem, for my convention, I decided to insert manually all the network interfaces. For examples: If I have a router (rt001) I add the device with snmp audit and then I add manually a device with type router with name "interface XXX on router rt001". With this trick on networks view I can see all IP used and on device detail I have the possibility to add a description or other information to this interface. For this reason I would like to have the possibility to relate devices and selecting a device it is possible to view all the "device components".

3. Mark Unwin

I'll add a development ticket to see if we can display the ip address for that device for the actual network you're viewing.

Have confirmed that on 2.x, we only take into account the "ip" table - which a manually added device does not populate. I'll add a development ticket to see if we can't make that happen somehow.

My apologies for the delay. I just reread your question. Are you using a version pre 2.0?

Network Groups as such don;t exist post 2.0. We now simply have "Networks", which you can use to see the devices within.