Now I am evaluating Open-Audit to collect inventories from Cisco Catalyst 2960G.
And I would like to know what inventories must be collected by OA2.0.8 from that Cisco device
when OA2.0.8 have done right way to audit and discoveries by SNMP.

So I am cheking "snmp_helper.php", "snmp_9_helper.php" file from the following directory.

/usr/local/open-audit/code_igniter/application/helpers

Is this good way to know? or Does anyone know better way to know?

Regards

Tomoyasu Koyama

CommentAdd your comment...

3 answers

Hi Mark san

Thank you for screen shot.

Can I see "Hardware" and "Setting" column on left hand side?

I only have "Module" and "Network",,, in "Hardware" column.

so I have to check PHP code (snmp_helper.php) what inventories must be collected by OA from Catalyst 2960G. I understand it depends on which model in cisco, but I need to know about details which our catalyst 2960G shown right way.  That means I am concerned about omission of displaying about inventories.

Regards

Tomoyasu Koyama

1. Mark Unwin

You can see "Settings" in Enterprise/Pro. The only entry there is Nmap ports. If you click on Discovery Log on the left side you will see which SNMP commands are run against the device.

Hi Tomoyasu,

Open-AudIT has the essential Cisco inventory information and if you want detailed inventory information from Cisco devices you might like to look at NMIS, it is a very powerful fault and performance management system but many customers use it to collect detailed inventory from SNMP based devices, including Cisco.

Keith 

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but here's a screenshot of a Cisco Catalyst 3750 that has been discovered.