I have installed nmis8.6.1G.run script to install NMIS. I am running Ubuntu 14.0 I have two problems. 

A) I would like manage and monitor cyberoam firewalls. These are not Cisco devices. Is there a way someone has ever downloaded and installed the Cyberoam mibs on NMIS?

B)  The installation tookover control that I could not customize anything like we used to do back in the days with NMIS. I am failing to create usernames and password on command line interface because I can not access the nmis directory where htpass.conf file is in. Is there a way to do this on the browser in NMIS?

1. Harry Milanes

This may be a stupid question, but can you get any useful info from the net-snmp model?

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hello ITFIx,

You can create your own device models for the Cyberoam firewalls following this process outlined on our wiki: Developing Device Models for NMIS

When you get these working you can submit them back to Opmantek for inclusion in the next version of NMIS by emailing them to code@opmantek.com that way everyone can benefit.

Best,

Mark H

Thanks Mark for your response. Please direct me through the processof resetting the passwords for my accounts creating using the Browser UI.

Logged in as an SU account is not giving me access to the nmis directory.

1. Keith Sinclair

Hi, You will find information about resetting passwords here, https://community.opmantek.com/display/NMIS/User+Management+in+NMIS8 Check the section for "Adding a user for Authentication", changing the password is the same process. If you are using opCharts, and htpasswd as your primary method, you can use the GUI to change the password. Regards Keith