Is there a possibility to search the edit logs? For example, we sometimes reassign computers from person A to person B and need to find out who has person A's computer currently.

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hello Sten,

Many of our clients use Open-AudIT to keep track of who owns or manages a device, handle device check-in/out, and report on where equipment is located. While Open-AudIT can't read a log file, you can use existing fields like Owner, which can be found in the Location/Owner panel for each device, to keep track of who the device is checked out to. We've also seen clients create a custom field (a List can be very useful here) with an appropriate title.

Here's a wiki page on creating custom fields: Fields

Once you have a field for holding the current user all it takes is a query to include that field. Then you can run the query, do a search and have a list of all the devices assigned to that user.

Here's a wiki page that talks about Queries: Queries

Best,

Mark H

What if I have a case where I have a computer that I know used to belong to Mark before. I don't know who has it now. Any way to query that?

1. Mark Henry

Sten, It all comes down to deciding on how you will track who has the computer now. Open-AudIT can keep track of changes, so as you change who the device is assigned to you can see historically who it was assigned to as well as who it is assigned to now. If you know the device you could search for that, then refer to the field (perhaps in a new query) that stores who it is assigned to presently.