Hi:

I'm testing Open-Audit (community edition only at this moment) and it's working with an external database (MariaDB) where I loaded required schema, created users, etc. No issues.

My question is if it's possible to secure this connection (Open-Audit - MariaDB) using SSL. Ideally I'd like to implement mutual authentication client - server with required certificates in both sides.

Thanks!

Juan

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi Mark:

Thanks for your answer and the link.

yes, I'm aware of required config on the side of the DB. As a matter of facts, the external DB I'm using for Open-Audit is also acting as backend for other PHP-based front-ends and authenticating client accesses using certs.

I tried to include SSL settings on "database.php" on Open-Audit's config file (in code igniter format) but didn't work. It seems that the calls to mysql client from the app "ignore" these SSL settings.

I'll try to work it out

Cheers

Juan.

Hi Juan,

Below is a link to configuring MariaDB client and server to use certificates. There are numerous examples on the internet detailing how to accomplish this.

As for actual step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this with Open-AudIT, we haven't documented (or even been asked for) this. As such, this sort of effort would require a support contract enabling us to spend the time testing and documenting this solution.

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-setup-mariadb-ssl-and-secure-connections-from-clients/