Hi Support,

Is is possible to configure the threshold-rising and threshold-falling on Bandwidth at the same time? There is a requirement to fire an alert every time util_in/util_out exceeds > 90 % (threshold-rising) and if drops < 10 % (Threshold falling). 

Please let me know where should I configure it, I have tried to configure the 'type' => 'threshold-rising/falling' in Common-threshold.nmis file but it doesn't seem to be working. 

If I have to configure the alert section in Model-CiscoRouter.nmis, then what configuration should I have to do?

Regards

Wajahat Raza

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Wajahat,

In order to accomplish this you will need to create two separate thresholds (one for falling, one for rising). We have a Wiki page with examples that will help in walking you through creating thresholds.

Wiki link - Basic and Advanced Thresholds in NMIS8

Regards,

Paul M.

1. wajahatraza

Hi Paul, Thanks for your response. I have gone through the link you have provided, please let me know for the specific scenario I have mentioned above, where should I configure the thresholds, in the Common-thresholds.nmis or Model-CiscoRouter.nmis? https://community.opmantek.com/download/attachments/6684821/NMIS%20Thresholds%209.png?version=1&modificationDate=1393576194000&api=v2 Also, can you please explain where exactly should I have to add the "threshold-rising/falling" field? During testing, I have added the threshold section in Model-net-snmp for Bandwidth thresholds and added a threshold named util_in_test and configured it also I have changed the util_in to util_out_test in interface section so it can match it , but when I am testing the thresholds using the nmis.pl command, it is giving following error messages: doThreshold, threshold-util_in_test,util_out_test found in section=interfae type=interface indexed=true WORKING ON Threshold for thrname=util_in_test,util_out_test type=interface item= runThrHld, processing threshold util_in_test GetThresholdLevel, start threshold=util_in_test, index=2 item= getThresholdLevel, ERROR, util_in_test in Model-net-snmp has no select! Regards Wajahat

CommentAdd your comment...