Hi Support,

I am using Open AudIT Professional 2.2 to discover some network devices in a test environment. SNMP v1/2c is configured in all these devices and I am already monitoring them in NMIS (SNMP v2c). The issue I am facing is that when discovering them in Open AudIT, few devices are not discovered on SNMP (even SNMP credentials are configured) and giving the error message "No credentials array passed o snmp_credentials".

Is there any way (logs etc) where I can further dig down the error message to find the root cause?  

Regards

Wajahat Raza

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hello Wajahat,

If you are discovering devices, but each new discovery is overwriting the previous, then your Matching rules are too permissive. These are covered in detail on the Open-AudIT Wiki HERE: Matching Devices

Mark H

Hello Wajahat,

Please checkout the troubleshooting page on our wiki: Troubleshooting

It includes several steps on how to increase your log_level to capture more information, as well as how to interpret the Discovery log so you can better understand what Open-AudIT is doing.

Also, I suggest you upgrade your installation to the latest release, as there have been many bug fixes since 2.2.0 - https://opmantek.com/network-tools-download/open-audit/

Best,

Mark H

1. wajahatraza

Hi Mark, I do have upgraded the version to Open-Audit Professional 2.2.5 but I am still facing issues and I am unable to find out what is causing these issues, I am discovering a subnet of /28 and SNMP is configured on all these devices, I am already monitoring them using the NMIS. When I discover, it is only discovering two routers only where as in logs, it shows that IP is responding and SNMP port is open, On discovering manually one device at a time, it replace the previous node and add the new added node, so total only two devices are available. Regards Wajahat Raza