I'm having an issue I've never seen before.  I've been running OA 2.2 for some time and yesterday I noticed that new devices are failing to update certain sections, I then submitted a manual audit file and saw this error, which seems to be related to MySQL not recognizing smart quotes (`) vs regular quotes (').  I then updated to 2.3.3 and still having the same issue. I don't know what changed.

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'name' in 'field list'

/* M_devices_components::process_component */ INSERT INTO `user_group` ( `name`, `description`, `sid`, `system_id`, `current`, `first_seen`, `last_seen` ) VALUES ( 'Access Control Assistance Operators', 'Members of this group can remotely query authorization attributes and permissions for resources on this computer.', '{D9C1AAD0-1E71-11CF-B1F3-02608C9E7553}', '130', 'y', '2019-02-12 10:56:06', '2019-02-12 10:56:06' )

Filename: E:\WAMP\code_igniter\system\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 330

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

To get that query to run, I have to insert a `members` attribute (and matching empty string), but once I do that, it does work. It should have a members attribute generated by the audit script. I'll dig into the code. Stay tuned.

1. Mark Unwin

Quick update. I have just imported an audit result and it works as intended. Not sure what I can do here. Is your audit script the latest version? You can also always try comparing your actual DB schema to what it's supposed to be. Go to http://SERVER/open-audit/index.php/test/db_compare (you will need to be an Admin to call that page).

2. A M

It still fails even if I add a member to the group on the XML file. Now, the curious thing about this error is the curly "smart" quotes used for the table and columns list, and the regular single quotes for values. Running the query on the error message on MySQL fails, but if I replace the smart quotes for regular quotes, the query runs fine. The charset and SQL looks fine. ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

3. A M

Never mind, I think something went terribly wrong with our MySQL, will have to rebuild OA and the DB Please disregard

4. Mark Unwin

Thanks for the update :-)

CommentAdd your comment...