I am very new to opmantek , and will be testing this sytem this week and get familiar, but I was wondering if I can use opcharts with devices that support Rest APIs like cisco meraki for example.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Abood,

You can use the NMIS plugins to collect data from just about anything, you can learn about there in this brief video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_14v_4W_zY

Keith

1. Abood Alakhras

Thanks, Keith, I think I have got the idea. Ill have to see how its done in Perl as it looks like the only options. I know python but never have written a Perl script. ill try to manage my way thru :) thanks

2. Keith Sinclair

Abood, you could write your main code in Python and use the Perl plugin as a wrapper to get that data into NMIS, a few people use that technique.

3. Abood Alakhras

oh okay thats interesting. if you have any links /documentation for using the Perl plugin as a wrapper , that will be great. Either way I have to see how to do this myself, but direction on using a wrapper is appreciated, as I have never done this before. Thanks Keith

CommentAdd your comment...