Running Community 3.0.2, Running on Debian 9  (Not domain joined)

I'm having a problem getting the Windows credentials to work.

Error: 

019-04-11 14:34:59wmi_helperwindows_credentials

WMI detected but no valid Windows credentials

When I look in the event log on the target PC, the logon has the correct domain, but the id is blank.

User is a member of the domain admin group, which is a member of the local administrators group.

Credential is set as:   user.na.me@domain

Password is set as: xxxxxx

On a side note, I did have a temp install running on windows, same config and WMI was working correctly.

Thanks for any assistance

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi, 

Poping this topic as I'm not able to connect to Windows instance using Windows Credentias provided. Command Unknown User (mark.unwin@gmail.com) provided gave me an error : NB_STATUS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND.

On windows side I did not notice any connexion from the Open-AUDIT Box.

-OpenAUDIT Version : 4.0.1 installed on Ubuntu 20.04.

Regards;

CBE

1. Mark Unwin

I'd suggest going through this page. I audit Windows machines all the time from my Ubuntu development machine.

Target Client Configuration

If the exact same credentials worked for your Windows install, they should also work for your Debian install. We should be able to rule out the target PC. NOTE - You also cannot have both " and ' in a password at the same time. This is a WMI command line limitation, nothing to do with Open-AudIT. I think (from memory) we also decided to simply not allow ' at all in the password (THAT is an Open-AudIT limitiation).

You could try running the below command on the command line (oibviously substitue your credentials and the target device's iP address).

/usr/local/open-audit/other/winexe-static-2 --debuglevel=10 -U domain/username%password --uninstall //192.168.1.1 "wmic csproduct get uuid"

Target Client Configuration