How can I get NMIS 8.6.8G to monitor temperature on 4300 series and ASR routers? 

For other devices, it does monitor the temperature but doesn't show the actual temperature. Is there a way to monitor and graph the actual temperature of devices instead of showing it 100% if the temperature is in the limits?

Appreciate any pointers on this. 

Thanks,

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi,

NMIS 8.7.0G will be out soon, and this will include some modelling which adds "Temperature Value" or tempValue to the collection as well as Temperature Status.  We have not yet determined all the Cisco Models which this will work on, it should work on most Cisco devices, you could help the community with that by letting us know how you go.

You can access the new model and graph files from Github

https://github.com/Opmantek/nmis8/blob/nmis8_dev/models-install/Common-Cisco-status.nmis

https://github.com/Opmantek/nmis8/blob/nmis8_dev/models-install/Graph-temp-value.nmis

Once you have those you will need to modify the model files for the devices e.g.

https://github.com/Opmantek/nmis8/blob/nmis8_dev/models-install/Model-CiscoASR.nmis

Just modify the sections to include tempValue, e.g. 

'systemHealth' => {
      'sections' => 'Cisco_CBQoS,cdp,entityMib,ciscoAsset,addressTable,bgpPeer,ospfNbr,fanStatus,psuStatus,tempStatus,tempValue',
      },

Please let us know how you go.

Keith

1. pooshgul

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the reply. I have done what you suggested. I now see the tempValue under System health section and I also see that the SNMP is collecting the value but I get an error when I click on tempValue "failed to find database for graphtype temp-value!"

I also following error when i run the update of 4300 and ASR routers.

06:44:03 getSystemHealthInfo,systemHealth: section=tempStatus, source SNMP, index_var=ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusDescr, index_snmp=ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusDescr
        06:44:03 getSystemHealthInfo,SNMP Object Not Present (node) on get systemHealth tempStatus index table: The requested table is empty or does not exist
        06:44:03 getSystemHealthInfo,systemHealth: section=tempValue, source SNMP, index_var=ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusDescr, index_snmp=ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusDescr
        06:44:04 getSystemHealthInfo,SNMP Object Not Present (node) on get systemHealth tempValue index table: The requested table is empty or does not exist
        06:44:04 getSystemHealthInfo,systemHealth: section=entityMib, source SNMP, index_var=entPhysicalDescr, index_snmp=entPhysicalDescr

I really appreciate your help with these. 

Thanks,

Shekher

2. pooshgul

Hi Keith,

Awesome, Graphs work now. Thank you. does this require any changes in Event configuration for alerts?

i also tested 9.0 to see whether it monitors temperature of 4000 series and ASR routers. It doesn't work in that either. 

I will wait for 8.7.0.G.  Thanks once again. 

Thanks,

Shekher

CommentAdd your comment...