I upgraded to 8.6.8G, I did this by building a new VM server and restoring the data from the original server 8.6.7G however I have had the system on test for sometime due to Holidays etc and the system has never settled, as you can see from the images the first shows a node with status Minor and after I simply opened the node and clicked "edit and update node" the status turned green.  Now some nodes have health and reach showing red even though they have never been offline, and the node I resolved was back to minor 10-20 minutes later.  Have I made a mistake during the restoration of the data if so how do I find the issue.

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Andrew! 

NMIS saves the data in rrd files, in timed series data, so, if you perform the migration some time ago probably old data was already replaced, and no issues with the migration. 

There are some things you can do to troubleshoot what can be happening: 

• ping from that server to the device with issues. Is there any packet loss? Maybe the device was always online, but the communication failed. 
      • Check nmis8/logs/nmis.log: To see if there is any error that can give you any clue about what can be happening: Errors during the collect, etc. 
      • You can do a manual collect for that device and check if the data is correct. 

Hope these step help you troubleshoot the issue. 

Regards, 

1. Andrew Webster

The ping works fine as does a manual collection also edit and update collects all data and an snmp walk seems to work as well.

2. Andrew Webster

I checked the log file and found the error below for a few nodes, the directories nmis8/var and nmis8/conf all the files within the directories are owned by nmis and nmis group.  The node names did exist but has been removed sometime ago, I think this is possibly a red hearing.

==============================================================

22-Oct-2020 15:32:00,nmis.pl::runEscalate#7723NMIS::outageCheck#2635NMIS::check_outages#2440NMIS::loadNodeInfoTable#1946func::loadTable#1049[34426]<br>ERROR file does not exist or has bad permissions dir=var name=opvoiprouter-node, nmis_var=/usr/local/nmis8/var nmis_conf=/usr/local/nmis8/conf
        22-Oct-2020 15:32:00,ERROR failed to check GlasgowROUTER outages: no node named "GlasgowROUTER" exists!

==============================================================

Is it possible to remove the database and rebuild it?

CommentAdd your comment...