Running version 3.5.3 of Open-AudIT.

I am seeing the following with some PCs but not all when running  - Cscript audit_windows.vbs pcname

CD Keys

X:\audit_windows.vbs(5777, 5) WshShell.Exec: Access is denied.

If I do debugging = 5

CD Keys

Win 2000 Key

Win 64bit Key

Office XP Key

X:\audit_windows.vbs(5777, 5) WshShell.Exec: Access is denied.

Hi Chad,

Line 5777 is the command executed to query the SqlLite database for Adobe keys.

set rexec = objShell.exec(cmd)

I'm assuming it's not working because of a Windows user permissions issue.

Are you auditing the local PC or running the script locally and targetting a remote PC?

If you don't need or care about the Adobe keys, you could just comment out or delete this entire function (lines 5753 → 5824).

Mark.

CommentAdd your comment...

5 answers

Yeah odd as it scans fine on our super old linux 1.12 and on a test bed windows 3.2.2.

But issues with this linux 3.5.3 build.

Should I take the audit_windows.vbs file from the Windows 3.2.2 file and copy it over to the Linux build and try it?

1. Mark Unwin

It's worth a try. Just take a backup of your existing audit_windows.vbs first so you can restore it afterwards.

Chad,

I don't know what your old version was but if you check GitHub you can see there hasn't been any major changes to audit_windows.vbs for quite a while.

https://github.com/Opmantek/open-audit/commits/master/other/audit_windows.vbs

I am unsure what could be causing this issue.

You can always click the "Browse the repository at this point in the history" button on the page above, navigate to other/audit_windows.vbs and grab an older version. Make a backup of your existing script and test using the older one.

Mark.

Fails auditing the PC locally or remotely using those commands. At least with that one.

cscript audit_windows.vbs

Chad,

debugging=5 is the maximum. Debugging wouldn't help as it's hard failing.

Are you auditing the local PC or running the script locally and targeting a remote PC?

Mark.

Didn't mean to delete that post.

Account has domain admin rights and only seems to be failing on a few.

Seems odd to me that it is only failing on a few any other logging I can turn on?