I have notifications setup in NMIS and they're working well. I want to expand on this with opEvents to do more granular event management, as well as bring in data from a couple other systems and manage them here. How do these work together? Do they overlap? Do I need to keep both?

Thanks,

DaveG

SysAdmin

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

NMIS' built-in notifications and escalations system is extremely powerful, and for many users can do everything they need. However, it cannot compare, correlate and enrich events - that's where opEvents comes in.

opEvents can do everything NMIS' notifications and escalations system can, PLUS:

• Compare multiple events in as complex a string as you need (if this AND that, if this BUT NOT that, etc) (MORE: Event Actions and Escalation)
      • Correlate an event with other things, including past history (if this happened within the last 10 minutes AND this thing then..., etc) (MORE: Event Correlation)
      • Once an event has happened pull in additional SQL information from 3rd party database to enrich the information provided to the technicians and attached to the ticket (MORE: External Enrichment in opEvents)
      • Execute any Action based on an event; when we say ANY Action, we mean ANY Action. Then store the output of that action and attach it to the ticket.(MORE: Event Actions and Escalation)

Regards,

Mark H

CommentAdd your comment...