Sat in a demo the other day, liked the dashboard with the network and topo maps. Got the trial, but I'm lost - how do I build something like that?

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Dave,

The process for creating dashboards in opCharts is quite simple, first you create some charts and maps which you can see by accessing the menu "Views -> Charts" or "Views -> Maps", then click "New Chart" or "New Map" in the top right corner.

If you have opCharts 2.2 or greater we have some pre-made dashboard components for TopN information.

So now you have some components for the dashboard, go to "Views -> Dashboards", then click "New Dashboard" and a screen will appear, click the "Add Component" button on the left, a new Component will appear.

Set the desired width and height of the component, Width 2 and Height 2 is a good start for maps, Width 2 and Height 1 is good for charts.

Now select an option from "Data Source Type", Charts, Maps or opCharts, you will then get a list of available components, select the one you are after, the component will not change yet.  Add more components to the dashboard, move the components around and get the layout right.

When you are ready, press the "Save Dashboard" button.  Fill in the Name and select a Privilege Level, Administrator and Operator are a good start.  The Dashboard Group is a handy feature if you are creating several dashboards for some users, it gives a fast way to switch between dashboards, so give it a name like "NetworkOps" or whatever you like.

Press the "Save Dashboard" button and you will be looking at your new dashboard with the live data getting filled in.

You can create as many components and dashboards as you like.

I hope that helps

Regards

Keith

CommentAdd your comment...